Organized Rides (not Races)
The Gainesville Cycling Club hosts a number of organized rides and events, some of which are open to the general public. However, you don’t have to live in Gainesville to be a member of the Gainesville Cycling Club. Here are three of their events.
- Ride to Remember – late April – 40-mile Trail Ride; 55-mile Road Ride,
- Horse Territory Ride, 79, 104 miles, road.
- Gainesville Cycling Festival – late October – includes Santa Fe Century, Gravel Challenge, Millhopper Ramble, Providence Ride, Horse Farm 100, and the Rush 55.
The Suwannee Bicycle Association is a non-profit, membership organization formed to promote environmental awareness and family fitness through bicycling and other outdoor activities in the Suwannee River region. Located in White Springs, Florida, the organization seeks to help people obtain a greater understanding and appreciation of natural ecosystems, history and cultural heritage of the Suwannee River Region. The association feature rides open to the general public. Here is a listing of some of their rides.
- Ididaride – late January; 50 mile off-road endurance ride.
- Suwannee Sweetheart – mid February; road rides, including a century ride.
- Spring Pedal & Paddle Festival – first weekend in May.
- Spring Hop – overnight paddle on the middle Suwannee River in June/July (members only).
- Dog Days Pedal & Paddle – mid August; also includes tubing (members only).
- Suwannee Fat Tire Festival – late October.
- Secret Santa – early December during Stephen Foster State Park “Festival of Lights” (members only).
- Open House Weekends (SBA HQ) – A great time to invite family and friends to visit SBA for a weekend of riding and more. Check the SBA website calendar for dates in March, April, Sept. and Oct.
Monticello, FL. 1st weekend in April. Jefferson Co. Chamber of Commerce
Chiefland, FL. 1st weekend in June. Multiple paved routes, 20, 40, 60 miles. Includes a century route.
Florida’s Forgotten Coast Tour – late October thru early November 6-day tour, northwest Florida’s Gulf Coast.